Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Wellness # 40 FITNESS

Exercise is something I need to do. I have to do. Sometimes I get lazy, or life gets too busy and I skip exercising. I try not to get to far off track for very long, because the longer I skip exercising the harder it is to get motivated again. I felt I really needed an exercise tune-up and on the Exercise Prescription site I found some helpful tips for my day to day workouts. I find that I do the same type of exercise routine over and over again. RX has animated weight training exercise that you can watch and learn. Also I liked that you could target a specific area of your body. I like to use hand weights, and now I know I can use the hand weights every day without causing muscle fatigue or injury if I do different routines. The video made suggestions and showed proper lift technique. This video was great, almost like having a personal trainer without the fee! This site will even program you a personal workout menu. I am hoping this will motivate me to work harder.

Now the diet part of the wellness module was a very had lessonto do. This required me to be honest about my health, weight and eating habits. I looked at the fitness calculator and checked my BMI which was good 18.9. But other areas not so good, and I am not willing to share those statistics. Basically I eat too many carbs and too little protein. I have learned if you want to build muscle mass and endurance plus have more energy I need to add more protein in my diet. I took the age questionaire and the results said I could live to the age of 93.4 years. My health age was 43.2. Oh boy! Now I just have remember to look both ways when I am out running the streets!

No comments: