Friday, August 15, 2008

Wellness # 39 Nutrition

I also believe everyone WOULD like to eat healthier, but for the most part we don't. Most of the time we make our food choices on whatever easiest,fastest, cheapest and tastiest. I found that my most favorite thing to eat, pretzels, is not a very wise food choice. Most pretzels are fat free, and that's a plus, but they are very high in sodium, and too many carbs. I still like pretzels and eat just as many as before but now I feel guilty when I eat them.
I enjoyed the Sparkpeople site. I posted two recipes, and toyed with making them more nutritious. One fun thing I found if you increase the number of servings per recipe, you decrease the amount of calories per serving. Duh. I would still probably east just as much it only looks better. I also found a lot of recipes others have posted that I would like to try. I have added those to my on line recipe file. There was a lot of good information on the spark people site and I find that I go to that site when I am at home on the Internet.

No comments: