Thursday, November 15, 2007

WEEK 9 POST # 22 - DOWNLOAD MEDIA

I have looked and tried the HCPL digital media. A while back our staff was fortunate to have a tutorial on this site. I enjoy reading books more so than listening to them, and have down loaded books using Adobe reader. I like checking out on line cookbooks, and can copy recipes that interests me. At present I do not own an MP3 player so havent' used that medimum much. I did practice dowloading on the library's mp3 player. I have not tried checking out videos and watching them on the computer, but that is my next goal. I browsed HCPL'S electronic books and found a lot of interesing books, and right now most every one I wanted was able to check out right way. I think Libravox as a greater selection of material, but most of books that interested me was checked out. One thing about HCPL if enough holds are placed more copies might be purchased. I could place holds on these and have done so, but by the time the book became available, I was on to something else and lost my interest in checking it out. Of course this is all free and since it's a virtural checkout sfter two weeks it goes away and no overdue fees to pay. I also think Libravox wants too much personal information that I don't want to give. Libravox probably has a greater mass appeal, somewhat like Blockbuster, but for my money, I'll stick to HCPL for my books.

No comments: